Friday, September 3, 2010

Catch a Wave

I'm a waver by marriage. When we were first married, I noticed that when we drove down county roads, Tom would casually wave to most everyone we met. I asked him why once and he told me, "I'm a farmer and I wave at everybody. Farmers do that." Words I remembered. As time went by, I noticed I started picking up the same habit. Now, 26+ years later, I am a consummate waver.

When we're on the Harley, I have a great time doing the "biker wave". That low-key low armed wave that unites us all. It's also a great time to wave a people sitting on porches, on riding lawn mowers, and kids peering out windows. Great fun!

Waving is mighty important; while we're driving down the roadways in those self-enclosed tanks where it becomes very easy to be out of touch with all human contact, a simple wave will do wonders for someone's mood. They might not wave back, but I guarantee you that they'll be waving at someone else before too long and feeling pretty good about it.

I'll be waving; you do the same. Guaranteed to bring a smile to your day.

No comments:

Post a Comment