Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Just Being There

How many times in life have we "just been there" for someone? How many times has someone "just been there" for us? We expend a lot of energy on figuring out the appropriate things to say, the appropriate note, card, bouquet, etc. And normally, as we can all attest, "just being there" is 9 times out of 10 the best thing to be.

Being humans, we are social beings even when we think we aren't. We might be having a really lousy day, be worried about someone or something, or feel uneasy about an event in our lives. Then someone we love shows up, takes our hand, gives a smile, and is "just there"...it works like magic.

A week or so ago, I wrote a blog on spiritualism talking about the profound words "Be still and know that I Am". I think if we take this message to heart and are still, we become more perceptive to the needs of others. And, at this time, we can "just be there" and do good things.

Have a fine day.

1 comment:

  1. mmm-hmmm.

    I can't count the amount of times a friend has needed me to "be there" late at night and by the time I got to bed I worried about getting adequate rest. And woke up the next morning more refreshed than I had been in weeks. Just a little reward for being exactly where I was supposed to be :)

    ReplyDelete