Thursday, September 16, 2010

Clean Windows

I looked out today and noticed just how dirty the windows had become; how long had they been that way? Who knows? But today I noticed them. I grabbed my handy miracle cloth, wet it down, and went to work. From the best I can tell, they'll look a lot better tomorrow.

Being a glasses wearer, I've also noticed on occasion, that my glasses lenses are dirty...really dirty. How is it that ten minutes earlier I didn't even notice that? I often wonder how I could see at all with the shape they're sometime in...ick.

Sometimes in life we kind of get that way. Our views of people, events, and even other countries get dimmed as a result of the "smudges" that are cast upon them. We only see them through less than pristine lenses. I try to think of this from time to time when my outlook on people, places, or things has soured or become smeary, so to speak. Maybe it's me that can make the change by clearing up the way I truly see life. Maybe I need to wipe away the grime of my pre-determined views and see much more clearly. Time to get out the proverbial wiping cloth.

My windows won't stay clean forever; nor will my view of the world. But it is good to keep in mind that with a few wipes of a cloth (or a change in attitude) we'll be seeing clearly again.

Have a fine day.

No comments:

Post a Comment